Simon Pearce - Fall Protection Quiz
" indicates required fields
1. OSHA regulations require some type of fall protection above how many feet?
2. True or false: Falls are the leading cause of death in the construction industry.
3. Fall protection systems can include three of the following:
Offsite video monitoring
Personal Fall Arrest Systems
Working on flat roofs only
Guard rail systems
4. Choose the three components of a Personal Fall Arrest system below:
ANSI Approved Work boots
5. A properly designed Personal Fall Arrest system includes what three of the following:
Be the same for every solar installation
Bring employee to complete stop and limit maximum deceleration distance employee travels to 3.5 feet
Limit maximum arresting force on employee to 1,800 pounds when using a body harness.
Allow for two people to anchor to the same point.
Be rigged such that an employee cannot fall more than 6 feet
6. A safety anchor must have the capability of supporting at least _____ pounds per employee attached:
7. True or False: a body harness in a personal fall arrest system must have the attachment point located in the center of the wearer's back.
8. Roof anchors, dee-rings, and snaphooks with rust on hem are not required to be removed from service
9. When inspecting fall protection equipment, look for:
All of the above
Rust/corrosion, deformation or damage to anchors
Deformation of buckles, dee-rings, and snaphooks
Cuts, frays, holes, or deterioration of webbing or rope
Portal provided by:
© COPYRIGHT 2023